Mark Remas, M.A., C.R.C.
VOCATIONAL CONSULTANT. Since 1977.
Vocational Expert Evaluation and Testimony: Experience in plaintiff and defense evaluation of cases for personal injury, labor, and family law. Retained expert for personal or forensic evaluation in a variety of legal systems. Conducted personal interview and vocational assessment including aptitude testing with full case record review. Utilize all data to prepare a comprehensive vocational evaluation to present in summary or formal report, deposition, or trial testimony. Address employability issues as they relate to the regional labor market. Services have included labor market research to identify specific employment opportunities and to confirm local earnings potential on case specific basis. Confirmed as vocational expert for deposition and trial testimony since 1986 for Superior, Family Law and Federal court. Appointed Vocational Expert for Office of Hearings & Appeals, Social Security Administration - 1994 to Present. Provide evaluation and sworn testimony regarding the employability of claimants within the Social Security Disability system. Established as vocational expert for the Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board.
Vocational Rehabilitation: Direct caseload of industrially injured workers which includes: aptitude and interest testing; counseling for vocational change; development of realistic goals; job seeking skills training; case reporting; initiate and respond to correspondence with physicians, attorneys, business owners, state agencies, etc. Conduct earnings capacity studies. Supervise and train counselors, office management; insurance/employer liaison. Perform ergonomic assessment for work site accommodation.
- M.A., Educational Psychology, Counseling and Guidance. California State University, Northridge. 1977.
- B.A., Physical Education, California State University, Northridge. 1974.
- Commission of Rehabilitation Counseling Certificate, 1989- Present #21485; Certified Rehabilitation Counselor.
- University of Florida, Life Care Planning training 2005 provided through Medipro.
- OSHA Ergonomics Certificate. 2001.
- The REMAS Group, San Diego County, California. 1984 to present.
- Accredited Rehabilitation Consultants, San Diego, Orange, and Imperial Counties, California. 1982 1984.
- Verk Consultants, Eugene, Oregon. 1979 1981.
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services, Eugene, Oregon. 1978 1979.
- Diversified Vocational Services, Los Angeles, California. 1977 1978.
- Insurance Education Association Instructor, 1986-1990 and 2005
- Past President CARRP 1997; Education Chairman 1994; San Diego Chapter
- CALNARPS Board Member 1988 - 1989
- Carlsbad School District Personnel Commissioner 1992 – 1995
- California Association of Rehabilitation and Re-Employment Professionals, Forensic Section
- Council on Education in Management, San Diego, CA. 11/21/03. Light Work Programs.
- California Applicant Attorney’s Association, San Diego, CA. 8/15/03. LeBoeuf & It’s Ramifications.
- San Diego BAR – Worker’s Compensation Div., San Diego, CA. 5/16/03. Settling Vocational Rehabilitation.
- California Applicant Attorney’s Association, Los Angeles, CA. 9/28/02 How to Hire an Expert.
- Lorman Seminar, San Diego, CA. 2/14/02. Vocational Rehabilitation: Labor Code 139.5.
- San Diego County BAR, San Diego, CA. 10/15/97. Vocational Rehabilitation-Ways Around the Cap.
- CARRP/San Diego Worker’s Compensation Forum, 5/15/97. Effective Worker’s Compensation Case Management. Moderator
- North County BAR – Worker’s Compensation Div., Vista, CA. 10/24/96. Translating the Vocational Profile.
- Risk & Insurance Management Society: Winds of Change Conference, San Diego, CA. 8/25/94. Americans With Disabilities Act.
- “An Explanation of Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits”, 1990, copyrights.
In-Service Training for insurance companies and attorney firms including, but not limited to, State Compensation Insurance Fund, Insurance Company of the West, Law Offices of O’Mara and Hampton, County of San Diego, Law Office of John Garcia, Fremont Compensation, UCSD Guest Lecturer in Worker’s Compensation regarding Transferable Skills, California Association of Rehabilitation and Re-employment Professionals, Insurance Education Association guest speaker.